Senior Communications/ Reporting Assistant(614 Views)
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Musharikat project across Afghanistan, working in all 34 provinces with the goal of increasing the equality and empowerment of women throughout the country. Musharikat will provide opportunities for women’s rights activists and groups to jointly identify and carry-out discreet advocacy and public awareness campaigns designed to influence local, provincial and national public policies banning harmful social practices, advance women’s welfare and opportunities by specifically building a constituency supportive of women’s rights.
The Senior Communications/ Reporting Assistant will assist in the implementation of Musharikat’s communication strategy and the sharing of information across project teams and outside stakeholders. S/he will be under the direction of the Director of Communications.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2018||Reference:||DAI/MUSHARIKAT|
|Closing Date:||12 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Objectives and Duties:
• Supports the Director of Communications in compiling and drafting contractually required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for submission to USAID and for sharing with other internal and external audiences.
• Assists in compiling and drafting success stories, newsletters, Facebook posts, and online articles for Director of Communications.
• Monitors Musharikat project, coalition, and grantee communication campaigns and other efforts in collaboration with M&E staff.
• Organizes and supports written copy, photos and video for project learning/information platforms.
• Identifies innovative ways to distribute messages about the program’s achievements to reach wide audiences.
• Support director with monitoring work of outside communication agencies, photographers, videographers, and printing firms.
• Helps manage relationship with: TV, radio, print, and online media representatives.
• Helps director prepare materials for strategic review sessions, donor coordination meetings, and reports.
• Manages inventories of communications materials such as brochures, booklets, roll-ups, posters, etc. for use by/with external partners including GIROA partners, civil society organizations, and activists.
• Uses DAI project management and other proprietary systems to support communication activities.
• Tracks impact of all communications and recommends adjustments based on results
• Other tasks as assigned
• Experience working with USAID donor on women’s issues strongly encouraged
• Strong writing skills in English and Dari and/or Pashto
• Fluency in spoken English
• Experience using Microsoft Office software and graphics packages to create print reports and graphics.
• Three year working background in a similar job with one of the international/ USAID funded organizations.
• Bachelor Degree in a relevant field.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include COMMUNICATIONS/REPORTING ASSISTANT in the subject line of the application
|More jobs in this category|
|Director of Communications at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Nov 2018|
|Communication/Marketing Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|